Diversity, equity and inclusion
The Shield Safety Foundation, achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work
together. We believe that only by bringing together a diverse range of identities, experiences and
perspectives can we tackle complex crises and create a future where everyone can prosper.
We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, where all team members are valued for who
they are and given equal opportunity to grow and succeed, with no discrimination on the basis of
their race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic
status, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, military veteran status or identification with any
marginalized community in the 36 state where we work. Diversity, equity and inclusion can look different
in every country, and we're committed to creating positive change at a local level within all of our teams
across the world.
The Shield Safety Foundation is committed to taking clear, concerted steps to diversify our
• We will intentionally coach and mentor diverse talent.
• We will develop inclusive position descriptions that open doors for different types of
backgrounds, experiences, and education, and that use language which welcomes a more
diverse group of candidates.
• We will ensure our nationwide teams foster equity, inclusion, and belonging and that diverse
perspectives are valued in decision-making.
• We will support the expansion of workplace groups globally to build community for
underrepresented groups and elevate their voices within the agency.
• We will create and publish an equitable and transparent compensation philosophy and
The Shield Safety Foundation is committed to listening, learning and taking action. You can
request to know more about TSSFs' vision for racial and ethnic diversity for our nationwide